- Cable Protection to ensure public safety and maintain continuity of supply
- Flexibility to cope with design changes over the lifetime of the installation
- Quicker and simpler installation when compared to other means of mechanical cable protection
The Construction sector relies on safe and effective Cable Protection to ensure the safety of People and Property. Electrical faults or failures can have disastrous consequences and can jeopardise necessary critical services.
Whether it is a Hospital, Financial Institution, Airport, Hotel, Warehouse or Datacentre the continuous and safe availability of services is paramount. The nature of construction and building sites often means that last minute changes are a necessity. No matter how detailed or comprehensive the plan, changes in response to unforeseen circumstances or environments is common. Routing cables through flexible conduit can help to protect and reduce the mechanical stress on cables, ensuring that cable bend radius’ are not exceeded.
Off site or modular construction is constantly developing due to the necessity to reduce build time and improve repeatability. Flexible Conduit can play an important role in the protection of wiring runs and pre-terminated connections to deliver a plug and play solution. Flexible conduit can be either surface mounted or hidden within the fabric of the building. This can be under floors, above ceilings, down walls or inside concrete pours. Sometimes conduits are part of the aesthetic design, with services visible as part of the look of the building.
Typical Hazards & Product Considerations:
- Ingress Protection
- Fire Performance
- Data Centres
- Sports Stadiums
- Car Parks
- IT / Data
- Building Controls
- BEMS / BMS
- Emergency Lighting
- Alarm Systems
- Access Controls
- Fire Safety, detection and protection
- Plant Room Equipment
- Switch Gear
- Distribution Boards
- Temporary Site Power
- Lightning protection
- Escalators and Lifts
Product Installation examples
- Nylon Systems - Prefabricated buildings - wiring from distribution board
- FU/LFHU - Public or municipal buildings - Emergency lighting/CCTV where fire safety is paramount
- FSU - Plant rooms or connection of services - HVAC
Swivel external thread nickel plated brass
Two part fitting comprising shell and body. The external thread swivels...