Coronavirus COVID-19 Communication – Update
We continue to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments closely and the health and well-being of our associates, clients, and their employees is of the upmost importance to us.
With COVID-19 case numbers rising rapidly across the whole of the UK and in other countries the UK Government* is taking the following action from 5th January to help reduce the spread of infection,
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare – for those eligible
As a manufacturer and critical partner to your business, we also understand that limiting any impact this health event could have on our service to our clients is imperative. We continue to focus on our efforts to maintain a safe work environment for our associates and to sustain our business operations and we are continuing with the following measures;
- Enabling work from home capabilities within impacted regions
- Deploying a global strategy to coordinate delivery of services and support to our clients
- Ensuring we have continuity of supply
- Increasing current stock levels and ensuring critical stock
- Critical contact list for sales and general information available if necessary
- Providing our associates with information on our practices to prevent the spread of any illness
- Coordinating global and local communications with our associates, clients and partners
- Limiting all non-essential business travel
Security, safety and well-being is integral to our products, business processes and infrastructure. We have robust, global, integrated business processes in place as we are committed to keeping our operations running smoothly so that we can provide you with the best possible service. We will continue to monitor this fluid situation and will shift workloads, as necessary, to ensure essential services remain operable.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Paul Mildenstein – Managing Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Louisa Carpenter – HR Manager – email@example.com
*Refer to Government website – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home